How does the process work?
- Understand the requirements for your destination country/airline.
- Order your test in plenty of time. Place your order before 2pm for same day shipping via Royal Mail except on a weekend.
- A typical example, if you order on a Thursday after 2pm we will post this out to you on the same day, the post would have been missed after 2pm So it would leave Royal Mail dispatch for next day delivery on a Friday, Note: The next day delivery on a Friday would be Monday as Royal Mail do not do guaranteed Saturday delivery.
- Register your kit online and plan for when is the best time to take your test – we advise to take your test as soon as you are in the required testing window timeframe.
- Take your sample specimen as per the test instruction leaflet and package for return.
- You can choose to return the sample by a means appropriate to your plans. Each kit includes a prepaid Royal Mail TRACKED 24 bag which, through posting in a priority post box, Royal Mail aims to deliver back to us the next working day (see Royal Mail website for further details, their terms of service and service status). Where time is more critical, we suggest returning the sample via one of our drop box locations (no additional cost), or you can make your own arrangements. In any case, we provide no guarantee and are not liable for any delays or costs due to late return of kits to the laboratory. See further details about returns by visiting our returns page.
- From receiving samples into the laboratory, results will be available typically within 24-48* hours via email PDF.
*The vast majority of tests are processed within 24 hours but allow as much time as possible should your test require repeating or should there be a sudden increase in demand on our service.
- CE-IVD Sterile Swab and Specimen tube (containing virus inactivating transport medium).
- Barcode labels with simple online kit registration.
- 95 kPa Biohazard transport bag and all return packaging materials in accordance with P650 for UN3373 shipments of category B infectious substances.
- Laboratory testing via CE-IVD approved test carried out by our own CQC registered laboratory.
- Optional return postage via Royal Mail Tracked 24.
- Full instructions.
How does the test work?
The patient is required to provide a swab sample from the back of the throat, tonsils and nose. This swab is placed in inactivating transport media (meaning that should your sample contain COVID, the virus would be inactivated for safe transport).
The laboratory will then carry out the test using a CE-IVD testing kit to determine the outcome of the sample. Once you’ve taken your sample, the sample must be tested within 7 days.
Test kits need to be registered individually through the website prior to use. This means that you can purchase multiple kits in one transaction and use them at a future date (kits have minimum 6 months shelf life) or allocate to multiple people. Results will be returned only to the verified email address provided when registering the test kit.
Terms & Conditions
PCR Travel Tests is a trading name of the travel company Compare and Choose Ltd. Testing provides a historic, momentary result. An individuals health status can change between sampling and reporting of result. All results are based on the sample specimen provided and do not take into account any clinical assessment or patient diagnosis. It is therefore imperative to closely follow sampling instructions and ensure a good quality of specimen collection. Specimens of poor quality may fail processing or provide inconclusive results on test instruments. These will not be refunded. In such cases it is advised that the individual purchase a new test kit for a retest.
*PCR Travel Tests prides itself on speedy sample turnaround and aims to provide these results within 24-48 hours of receipt of sample specimen however accepts no liability in the event of a testing delay. All test results and turnarounds are indications and not guarantees. The laboratory operates 7 days per week.
Royal Mail delivers to our lab Monday – Saturday however individuals should check with Royal Mail for delivery dates through Christmas.
All shipping and transport is provided by third parties (Royal Mail/DPD) for which PCR Travel Tests is not responsible or liable for delay, loss or damage to tests.
This test is designed as a screening test for both symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals and groups. In the event of a positive result and/or displaying symptoms of COVID-19, please follow current government guidelines. Positive results will be passed to PHE for feeding into the NHS track and trace system.
Due to the constantly changing rules and regulations, individuals are responsible to assess the suitability of this test, as well as the returns options against the test requirements for their airline/destination country. PCR Travel Tests are unable to provide any advice or guidance with regards to acceptance criteria for airlines/countries and accepts no liability for this.
In most circumstances we do not accept returns due to cross contamination and they are none refundable. We do however offer a £50 refund if the package is returned to us unopened.
We are unable to reuse the kits – even if unused as we are unable to verify their integrity once they have been in transit.
You would therefore receive a partial refund once we have received the returned kit, together with your order reference number. Once a PCR test has been submitted to the laboratory or returns network, it will be processed upon receipt and is non-refundable.